Thursday, February 23, 2012

Update on our journey

I want to preface this blog by saying that these are my convictions and i am not putting my beliefs on anyone else. 
This past week Chris and I decided to go off of my fertility medication. I have been on them for six months with out any results. They were taking a toll on my body as well. I feel like I have been putting my hope and trust in medication, doctors, and list of to do's to make sure we conceive. This last week I reached my limit. Man can go only so far on his own strength. And ironically it's God who creates life. Not medication or pills. Do I think fertility aid is wrong? No, I had to pull myself away because I was so dependent on the medicine to work for me and I lost focus. A handful of my friends achieved pregnancy through the aid of medication and procedures. God has a different plan for us. Our children will come at the right time. Right now it's hard to be content and patient. Each day that passes gets harder and harder. I explained to someone the other day that being a mother is in my DNA. It's what I was designed and created to do. But I do know the one thing we have is HOPE!! That is my anchor. What God has started in me he will finish. Chris reminds me that this will be our testimony. We get comments from people that express their distaste that I post this on my blog and Facebook. I just smile and think to myself I do it to include you on this ride with us because in the end you will see what a faithful God I serve. I will not be ashamed of being apart of a miracle in process. I have been able to share our journey with my math teacher, who is Hindu and it has moved her. Please continue to keep us in your prayers. It's a bumpy road and it's full of lots of up and downs right now. But the destination will be worth the car ride!

3 comments:

  1. I have to say that I am thrilled to read your blog and see how God is working in your hearts and lives. I am praying for you guys and am excited to see how God is going to glorify Himself using your testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen girl-- I admire your ability to share this information with the world..it really is a testimony to so many others.. and I am so excited to see your miracles happen :) sometimes when we want something so bad-- we hold onto it too tightly and as soon as we let go and let God take over--- our breakthrough is often very near!!!!! love you and bless you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, your faith in God is amazing. Don't ever be ashamed to post or to share that. You just never know who it might touch or encourage. We are blessed to have such a wonderful daughter and son-in-law, and are looking forward to the day we meet our new grand baby. Love you.

    ReplyDelete