Friday, November 11, 2011

Ready set.......go!


A few people have asked Chris and I why we are so open about sharing about our struggle to have kids. Many people view this as a very private and intimate matter. Chris and I have chosen not to be ashamed. We actually have had a few different couples reach out to us. It was nice to know that we were not alone.  Also we could use all the prayers. So we are not going to hide , but rather share our journey with others, because in the end we will have an extraordinary testimony to share.  


Tomorrow I start my fertility treatment.   I have mixed feelings. Part of me is eager to get the show on the road. But yet the other part of me is disappointed. When I look at these tiny pills, that look like aspirin. I question myself. What is in this pill that I do not have? Am I putting my trust in God or in these small white pills. So many questions swirl in my head. This experience has opened my eyes in good and very hard aspects. Commercials are the hardest. When little children run into their mothers arms or the pregnancy test commercials. I always look over at Chris and I wonder if the commercial impacted him as it did me.. They exciting part is the expectation. The longer it takes to build or create something the more value it has. This process has shown me that a child will be well worth the wait. A good friend of mine who is pregnant commented to me the other day that she was nervous to talk about her pregnancy around me in fear of it hurting me. I told her that I am so excited for her and we cannot wait to meet their baby! Chris and I have chosen to leave bitterness out of the equation. My amazing husband reminds me to weep with those who weep and to rejoice with those who rejoice. I serve a faithful God and I have no doubt that we will be parents.

For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations. (Psalm 100:5 NIV)




4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last picture looks like it was on grandma's couch in the cabin and the sheepskin that you loved as a baby so much.

    I am so proud of you and Chris sharing your life with others. I know it will have a profound impact on some people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you are sharing this journey. The enemy likes to hide our trial. But when we choose to share our trials, the enemy looses his power and God has the power to perform Miracles.
    Love and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. So proud of you Laura. You are the best, and will be such a great mama. I can't wait to meet your babies!!!! They will be here sooner than you think!

    ReplyDelete